Friday, December 24, 2021

Why Some Professing Christians Make Me Angry

The Bible teaches us that those who believe the Gospel of Jesus Christ are adopted into the family of God.  This means that those who are Born Again into God's family are our Brothers and Sisters in the Lord.

We are to love them and serve them.  We should want to be around our Brothers and Sisters in Christ all the time.  Right?

We should, yes!  But, in our flesh does it always work out that way?  No!

I will be very honest with you.  There are some professing Christians I do not like or desire to be around.  I have found that some professing Christians can be arrogant, unkind, unloving, legalistic, judgemental, boastful, and self-righteous.

They make me angry!!

Why would I want to spend time with them?

It has been a struggle in my life.

This is where God's grace has helped me be less angry and more forgiving to other brothers and sisters in the Lord.  The Holy Spirit works within me causing me to love, forgive, and show mercy to those professing Christians who hurt me.  Without the Holy Spirit working within me as an act of grace, I could not do it (Philippians 2 vs. 13).

It was self-righteous hypocrites who nailed Jesus to the cross.   

As Christians we must continually guard our hearts against self-righteousness and pride.  There is nothing God hates more than personal pride.    

Allowing anger to fester in us is sin.   The Apostle Paul warns us not to get involved in foolish arguments with others.

What should I do when another Christian hurts me or angers me?  Take it to the Lord and trust him to deal with them and help me forgive.   We can't change anyone, only God can change people.

With this said, we must abide by scripture when it teaches us that if we have a problem with a brother we must, (Matthew 18 vs. 15-17) "go and tell him their fault, between you and him alone.  If he listens to you, you have gained your brother.  But if he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, that every charge may be established by the evidence of two or three witnesses.  If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church.  And if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as an unbeliever."

Let us obey scripture and not let anger fester in us.

God bless you!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment