Sunday, December 26, 2021

Is God Far Off?

There are times (Brothers and Sisters-in-Christ) in our Christian life when we feel like God is far off.   We have prayers that aren't answered or we are impatient and think God does not care about our problems.  We may feel God is angry with us over some sin in our life.  We may feel loneliness and shame.   We may feel unbearable sadness and grief. We then ask ourselves, where is God?

Have you every felt like this at times, or am I the only one?  I would bet that I am not the only one.   

It is during these times that our theology (Biblical understanding) must be rock solid!   We must believe what the Bible teaches us about God.

Psalm 34 vs. 17 - 18 says, "The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them: he delivers them from all their troubles. The LORD is close to the brokenhearted; he rescues those whose spirits are crushed." 

Proverbs 15 vs. 29 says, "The LORD is far from the wicked, but he hears the prayer of the righteous."

Ephesians 2 vs. 13 says, "But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near by the blood of Christ."

Hebrews 4 vs. 16 says, "Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need."

John 14 vs. 18 Jesus said, "I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you."

John 16 vs. 33 Jesus said, "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace.  In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." 

________

The first issue we need to settle in our heart is that trouble is normal in this life. Our trial is not abnormal.  Jesus said we are going to have trouble.   Just because we are experiencing a trial does not nullify the truth of God's word.  We can trust God.   He is always faithful and is always good to us.  God loves us.

I know it is hard for us to believe that God loves us, but He truly does.  I love the following verse and it reminds me that God does not care just about the big things in my life, but also the small things.  

Psalm 37 vs. 23 says, "The LORD directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives."

Does this verse describe a God who doesn't care about what you are going through?  Of course not!  God cares for you.

We must trust him at his word when we are experiencing grief, loss, and various trials.

At my lowest points in life, God has never left me there.  He has always restored the JOY of my salvation.  He will do this for you as well.   

The peace that those of us who are born again experience is unlike the peace the world experiences.  We have true lasting peace in our hearts.  We are able (through Christ) to have joy in the midst of suffering.  

The Apostle James said (James 1 vs. 2-4) "Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles of any kind come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing."

Is God far off? 

The answer is an emphatic NO!

My prayer for you is that if you are currently experiencing a trial, I pray God restores the joy of your salvation.  I trust He will perform this work of grace in your heart, as He has for me many times.

God bless you!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment